Quick, Super-Healthy Nachos — Vegan
Quick, Super-Healthy Nachos
Fast, impromptu, no-fuss, healthy and delicious!
With a few basic staples from your kitchen, you can put together a delicious impromptu snack for unexpected visitors or a quick meal between work and your evening out. The nachos are easy, very satisfying for your taste buds, while they help you reach a level of satiety quickly that will stay with you for a few hours — and all of it with very little fat.
These days, tortilla chips served outside restaurants rarely include lard in the recipes so it's a fair bet that you'll be eating a vegan snack/meal with these tasty, impromptu cheeseless, meatless nachos.
Super Healthy Nachos INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups tortilla chips, layered
- 1 cup kidney, black or pinto beans
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 ramekin per person prepared guacamole*
- 1 ramekin per person prepared salsa
- 5 oz. prepared salsa, (for recipe)
METHOD (5 minutes)
- Assemble all ingredients (except chips) and wisk together with mild salsa. Sprinkle with cumin and paprika (to taste).
- Layer warm tortilla chips on each plate, dust with paprika.
- Spoon desired portion of wet ingredients on tortilla chips.
- Use guacamole to dip and enjoy!
- IF YOU WANT HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE (5 minutes) Ingredients: • 2 large avocados • 1/4 cup tomato diced • 1/2 lime juiced • 1 tsp. cumin • salt to taste • spring water Method: Mash avocados with a fork in medium bowl. Add other ingredients and stir together, adding desired amount of water to give desired smoothness. We like ours smooth, not chunky, so we mash it longer and use water. Some people will prefer with a little salt and/or red pepper flakes. We avoid the salt.