- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Topping Ideas for Steaks, What to Put on Top of a Good Steak!
A Fried Egg Really Does Make Everything Taste Better!
- BBQ Steak on Arugula Salad - The Perfect Summer Meal...
Grilled steak and arugula salad - the perfect summer BBQ meal. An easy recipe that can be made in minutes!
- How to cook a flat iron steak
The flat iron steak is a relative newcomer in the butchers counter, and it wasn't until a few years ago at a university of Nebraska program looking at undervalued cuts of meat that anyone even realized the...
- Cuts of steak explained. Which kind of steak is best...
A lot of people have trouble with meat. They like the idea of a great steak, and they have a general notion that the more expensive the steak, the better it is…but more than that…who knows! ...
- Steak house secrets. Make great steak at home every ...
BBQ season is thankfully here again, and it's hard to beat a great steak; but steak can also get pretty expensive, so you want to make sure that you're doing everything right to ensure that you get great...
A perfect, dry aged steak off the grill needs nothing more than a little salt and pepper...but for most of us, most of the steaks we eat don’t quite fall into the dry aged, ultra premium, breaking the bank, category - Which is perfectly all right, as you can do far worse than a nicely grilled sirloin on a hot summer night, right?
Here are some steak topping ideas for summer nights when you're serving steak that’s gonna’ be pretty darn tasty, but that wouldn’t be harmed by a little something complementary gracing the top.
It’s the little things that make the difference between great cooks and good cooks – little things like serving a nice steak plain Jane, or serving that same steak topped with a little blue cheese butter!
Steak Topping Ideas
- Mushrooms, sautéed in butter
- Worchester sauce, it’s an oldie but still a goodie…for those of you feeling inspired, try making you own Worcester sauce!
- Butter, you can’t go wrong with butter. A simple pat of plain butter adds an appealing richness to just about any grilled steak, but compound butters are even better. Try a mixture of half butter and half gorgonzola, melting slowly over a thick rib eye as it comes to the table. Heaven on a plate.
- Crumbled blue cheese
- A drizzle of really good extra virgin olive oil, some freshly squeezed lemon juice and some crunchy sea salt
- A chimichurri sauce, or any other green sauce of based on extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs (salsa verde)
- Béarnaise, béarnaise, béarnaise….if you can spare the calories, this is as good as it gets
- A sprinkling of crumbled feta
- Herb or garlic butters
- Caramelized onions, on the top
- Sliced steak with an arugula or spinach salad on top
- Truffle butter, butter mixed with a little truffle oil (or for those with BIGGER WALLETS, use real truffles!)
- Shavings of real parmesan cheese
- Horseradish – freshly grated to knock their socks off!
- Topped with slices of bacon…it’s a bit indulgent, but you can’t argue with the taste that bacon adds to pretty much everything
- Dijon mustard
- A tart tomato, radish, cilantro and lemon juice salsa
- Guacamole (good with sliced skirt or flank steak)
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Soy sauce
- Hot sauce
- A fried egg - Yes, a fried egg improves just about anything…
These are just a few ideas to get you started on days when ordinary steak for dinner just doesn’t sound exciting (you know you’re spoiled when…!)