Healthy Cooking - Tossed Italian Salad
Salads are good for you health and soul! They are quick and easy to make too! This particular salad introduces you to an interesting style of salad and it's quite hard to forget as well. This nice crisp salad will make sure you and your guests are satisfied just as much as you are! It has extremely low cholesterol so it will help you if you have issues with your health. It's only 83 calories so that means you would have to eat 20 of these to get the average 2000 calorie diet. So eat as much as you want!
Delicious Italian salad with the perfect blend between spices and vegetables. Crisp and delicious just as most people like it! Has sweetness built into it as well!
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium green or sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips (1 cup)
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 small red onion sliced and seperated into rings
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil or salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- For salad, in a large salad bowl place spinach, lettuce, pepper strips, radish slices, and onion rings. Toss lightly.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, olive oil, garlic salt, oregano, and 1 tablespoon water. Cover and shake well to mix.
- Pour dressing over salad. Toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over salad. Toss lightly. Sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
83 calories, 4 g protein, 6 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 466 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!