- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Stew Recipes
Traditional English Beef Stew Recipe
Please Rate This Recipe
Traditional English Beef Stew Ready To Eat
How To Make Traditional English Beef Stew
Over the centuries, there has been no dish that has survived in Britain longer than the Traditional English Beef Stew. The endurance over time of Traditional English Beef Stew being consumed by peasants to royalty, gives honor to how wonderful this hot dish satisfies all.
Throughout history, this stew has managed to keep the folks in Britian on their feet, alive and healthy during hard times and especially during the harsh, cold winter times. Not just a stew to enjoy during hard times, Traditional English Beef Stew is enjoyed by folks around the world at any time!
Quite simple, tasty and easy to prepare, once served, the Traditional English Beef Stew will bring smiles to your family and friends.
To convert this same stew into the Traditional Irish Stew, simply substitute the beef with lamb and you will have created the Traditional Irish Lamb Stew.
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 2 hours
- Ready in: 2 hours 30 min
- Yields: Serves four to six people
- 500grams (1 and 1/2 pounds) Diced or Minced Beef
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Parsnip
- 1 Onion, spanish/yellow
- 1 to 2 Beef Stock Cubes
- Salt/Pepper/Herbs, to taste
- Chop the Onion & Carrots and put in the pan (we use a crockpot) with the Beef and cook until meat is browned and Onion begins to reduce.
- Add the parsnip and cover contents of the pot with water.
- Add the stock cube/s, salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
- Bring to the boil, stir, cover, reduce the heat and allow to cook/simmer for at LEAST 1hr
- ***This dish is best if left to stand overnight at this point and then reheated for another 30mins-1hr the next day.. but if you dont want to do that then it can be eaten straight away.***
- Peel and Boil the potatoes.
- Serve in a bowl with potatoes and a slice or 3 of Bread on the side!