Trail Mix Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Trail Mix Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie Of Another Kind
Just about everyone loves peanut butter cookies. They are easy to put together and the raw dough stores well in freezer for later cooking. I love being able to cook a dozen at a time and save the rest of the dough for another rainy day. But if peanut butter cookies have become boring, then try this twist on an old recipe with trail mix. This turns this favorite into a cookie for the trails, loaded with energy!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup butter, one stick
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1'/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or your favorite dried fruit
- 1/4 cup granola cereal
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix until creamy the butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, salt, baking soda and peanut butter, mix well.
- Adding 1/2 cup, at a time, the flour. Once it is almost mixed, then add the trail mix goodies - chocolate chips, raisins, cranberries and granola cereal.
- On well greased cookie sheets, put a tablespoon of dough and flatten with fork or with clean fingers and sprinkle sugar on top. OR you can roll the tablespoon of dough into balls and dip in sugar. Place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes. They are done when bottoms start to turn more brown.
I love this recipe! It is the basic peanut butter recipe with extras added in. Go ahead and experiment with other trail mix flavors, like dried pineapples or mangoes or even marshmellows. Also, there is out on the market now, a peanut butter mix with trail mix already in the butter. It works good too! Enjoy and let me know what other combinations you try.