- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Easy Potato Soup Recipe
Soup in the Pot
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Carrots, bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 TBS Kosher Salt, or to taste
- 1 Tsp Pepper, or to taste
- 4 TBS Butter
- 3/4 cup Milk
Time to Make It!
- Pour chicken stock, cubed potatoes, carrots, and onions in a 2-quart pot. (Instead of chicken stock, I use 6 cups of water and 3-5 TBS of chicken bouillon.) Set to High.
- Add the bay leaf, salt and pepper, and the half stick of butter. Stir ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- When veggies are tender, reduce heat to low. Pour milk and heat thoroughly. (Note: Don't overheat, milk will curdle!) Serve immediately. (This soup works well as a left-over. Heat in microwave for 3-5 minutes).