- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Tuna Casserole A Cheap Meal For The Family.
Tuna Casserole A Cheap Meal For The Family
This is a very affordable recipe. It's cheap and easy to make and can be made ahead and popped in the oven when you're ready. You can't go wrong with tuna. My husband likes this and he's not big on tuna. It's a good recipe to take for a church gathering or any kind of get together.
- Large can of tuna
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
- Use soup can pour in one can of milk
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of bow tie pasta partly cooked about 5 minutes.
- 1 raw egg
- 1 cup of vegetables
- 1/4 parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional boiled eggs
- optional crushed potato chips
- Mix all ingredients together except for tuna and pasta.
- Pour into a large bowl sprayed with pam.
- Then add cooked pasta and turn over.
- Add tuna, turn over slowly so as not to break the tuna up to much.
- You can add more milk say 1/2 cup if your casserole doesn't seem to have enough milk for all the items you have in it.
- If you add eggs to this casserole I cook the eggs with the noodles then take the shells off chop up and add to casserole with the noodles.
- Cook in 375°F oven for 60 minutes add crushed potato chips last 15 minutes.
Many items can be added to this casserole. I often use leftover vegetables. You can use frozen or canned.
- Etc. just about anything you want.
- Instead of milk you can use leftover cream, canned milk, buttermilk, skim milk or whole milk.
- Pasta of any kind will work
- Our favorite vegetable is the broccoli.
Like I said above if I add eggs I cook them with the noodles then peel and add the eggs. If they're not cooked all the way or soft boiled that's ok add them any way they will cook while the casserole is cooking.
Like listed above leftover milk can be used for this casserole without changing the taste. I often have buttermilk, cream, canned milk, skim milk or whole milk I need to use up. I use them up this casserole.
Fresh vegetables can be exchanged for canned or frozen.
Like Serra says below, in the comments, chicken can be exchanged for the tuna. In our family, we have two people that have allergies to tuna.