Tuna with Couscous Salad
- 2 cups couscous, grains
- 2 tins Tuna Flakes in Brine, Tuna flakes
- 2 small/medium red onions, chopped & stir fried
- 1 Teaspoon All purpose Seasoning
- Half of each Red yellow green peppers, finely chopped
- quarter red & green chilli peppers, finely cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Place all ingredients on your cooking surface. Boil 500ml of water in a saucepan, add teaspoon of seasalt for flavor, and teaspoon of all purpose seasoning.
- Wash 3 peppers and slice each in half. Take chilli peppers, red onions and the sliced peppers above, and chop each into fine small pieces. Remember to remove seeds from chilli peppers for medium flavour.
- Drain water from tuna tins, place to the side. Add couscous now to water, stir and cover to simmer for 5 minutes, till all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and leave to stand for 5minutes. Seperate the grains with a fork, and leave to cool.
- Add all chopped ingredients to olive oil in saucepan, and stir fry for just 2-3 minutes. Add tuna flakes, stir fry another 2 minutes. Sprinkle another teaspoon of all purpose seasoning. Leave aside to cool.
- Couscous is now ready to be mixed. Add your stir fried ingredients, place on a large plate, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge.
- Now anyone can come and take how much they need from the fridge, just don't forget to leave a note, LEAVE SOME for me please. Enjoy.
- Please leave me some feedback and any suggestions for other ingredients you like to use.