Turkey, Rice, and Sweet Potato Chowder
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Onion
- 1 Stalk Celery, (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, (Minced)
- 4 Large Carrots, (Sliced)
- 2 Cups Water
- 8 Ounce Baby Bella Mushrooms, (Sliced)
- 1 Medium Red Bell (or Yellow) Pepper, (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Wild Rice, (Uncooked)
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, (Peeled and Cut into approximately 1/2 Inch Pieces)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 7 Ounces Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Diced or Shredded Turkey
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- Salt & Pepper, (For taste preference)
- In a Large Pot Sauté the Celery, Mushrooms, Bell Pepper, and your Carrots.
- Once Vegetables begin to cook you can add in your Garlic and Onions. Continue to Sauté for approximately 5 minutes or so.
- Once the vegetables are done add in the Whole Wheat Flour and mix with the veggies.
- Once mixed slowly add in Chicken Broth, stirring occasionally. Add in Water and bring to a boil. (Still stirring off and on)
- Once boiling reduce the amount of heat and now you can add in the Parsley, Thyme, and also the Salt & Pepper.
- Allow to cook for 25-30 minutes, covered with either a lid or a pan.
- After it's done cooking add in Milk and Soysauce.
- Grab some crackers or a slice of bread and enjoy! :) Bon Appétit!