Turkey Stew with Beans and Rice
Sometimes, I try to make dinner from what I have in the fridge and cupboard instead of going for the 4-star meal. This is a “stew” I put together using some leftovers, and it actually was quite good. It’s just beans, rice, ground turkey and chilies. It’s simple, easy and if you have these ingredients, then dinner is ready before you know it! So, here is my recipe for a tasty meal that can be thrown together with whatever’s in the cupboard in less than half hour.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 pinch red pepper flake
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) chili with beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) white or pinto beans
- Brown ground turkey with sliced onions until turkey is cooked until completely.
- Add peppers and celery and cook until soft.
- Add red pepper flake and black pepper.
- Add rice and water. cook for 5 minutes, stir occasionaly.
- Add canned chili or beans. stir.
- Cook until stew is warmed all the way through.
- Serve stew with sour cream if desired.
Other Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- How You Can Use Both Lamb and Sausage In Shepherd's ...
I decided to share a favorite recipe of mine for Shepherd's Pie. Hope you like it as much as I do.
- Tilapia with White Rice Recipe
Here is a quick and simple recipe for tilapia with rice. It's a healthy white fish with great flavor. Enjoy!
- Bacon And Barley Soup Recipe
Here is a recipe for barley soup with bacon. Enjoy!
- Quick, Plain and Simple Tuna Casserole Recipe
Here is a simple and easy recipe for a tuna casserole. Great for a day of the week. Enjoy!
- How to Make The Perfect Chicken Dinner
Dinner can seem difficult, but here is a recipe for a chicken dinner that is easy and delicious. Enjoy!