Easy Banana Dessert - Turon
Turon is actually a banana roll coated with sugar which is deep fried and wrapped using lumpia or spring roll wrapper. This is considered as one of those Filipino street foods famous to many Filipinos especially to children as well as to adults. Many people prefer this food for their snack because of its affordable price and you can easily prepare it which can really satisfy your hunger needs. If you’re looking for a snack, turon is the best one for you. So if you’re planning to make this for your snack, follow the instructions on the recipe below:
You will need:
6 pieces bananas (preferably saba)
12 pieces spring roll wrapper
1 cup ripe jackfruit
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups cooking oil
Preparations before cooking:
1. Cut the bananas into halves lengthwise. Then the jackfruit should be thinly sliced.
2. Pour some sugar into a plate and roll the banana onto it.
3. Put the sugar-coated banana and the jackfruit in the center of the spring roll wrapper.
4. Cover the banana with the wrapper and seal the edge by some water.
How to cook:
1. Pour some oil into a frying pan. Set the fire into medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot enough, pour some brown sugar into it then wait for the sugar to turn brown.
3. Place the wrapped banana into the pan and deep fry. If it turns golden brown, that’s the time to remove it.
4. Put the banana into a strainer to remove excess oil.
5. The turon is now ready to serve.
MORE FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES HERE:
- filipinofoods on HubPages
I'm a restaurant owner in Manila, Philippines. Cooking Filipino foods and other Asian dishes is my passion. I am proud of Filipino culture and have...