- Food and Cooking
Feeling Clammy? 2 Fantastic Party Clam Dip Recipes!
NEW ENGLAND STYLE CLAM DIP
A favorite in our family - and always a hit at every party. Sort of retro, too - picture your parents sipping martinis around the basement rumpus room with their big-collared polyester shirts. Even my guests who've said they don't like clams have unknowingly raved about this one!
- 1 8-oz. package Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream, preferably Daisy brand
- 1 teaspoon grated onion (no more! it will mask the taste of the clams)
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 6-oz can Snow's minced clams, drained, reserving 1 teaspoon of the liquid
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- dash of red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 Tbl. minced fresh parsley, reserving a little extra for garnish
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients with a fork, gently mashing the cream cheese until the mixture is almost smooth. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (and up to 1 day ahead). Spoon dip into an attractive serving bowl and garnish with additional minced parsley. Serve with fresh ridged potato chips. You'll want to double this - my husband would eat the whole recipe in one sitting before the guests arrived if I let him.
How About One of These to Serve It In?
Southwest Style Clam Dip
This is an unexpected surprise when it comes to clam dip. Having been raised on New England style, I wasn't sure it would work - but it's completely different and equally delicious! My friends raved at my last gathering and couldn't get over how unique it was - and it looks good, too.
- 1 - 8 oz. package Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 - 6 oz. cans Snow's chopped clams
- 1 cup of salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1 - 15 oz. can black refried beans
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and clams; beat them all together until soft and smooth.
On a large colorful serving plate or platter, spread the beans evenly across the bottom, leaving about 1/2 inch of the plate showing around the perimeter. Next, pour the salsa verde carefully near the middle of the beans; spread around leaving approximately 1/2 inch of the beans exposed around the perimeter. Then repeat with the clam and cream cheese mixture. The result should be a graduated, layered effect. Sprinkle with the cilantro. Chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator (or covered, for up to one day). Serve with tortilla chips or corn scoops.
Other Fun Food Products
Some Other Clam Information
- Giant Clams Pictures, Giant Clam Facts - National Geographic
Learn all you wanted to know about giant clams with pictures, videos, photos, facts, and news from National Geographic.
- Recipe - The Cliff House Clam Chowder - New England Clam Chowder Recipe Has Been on the Menu at The
- Home Page at www.WeLoveClams.com