Two Quick Shrimp Dinners
Here are two quick and easy shrimp dinner ideas using frozen shrimp that only take about 15 minutes.
For this recipe you need:
1-1 pound bag of frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp garlic paste
1 thinly sliced onion
1. Defrost shrimp and pat them dry. In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except the onions.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook about 7 minutes or until lightly browned and transfer to a plate.
3. Put shrimp in grill pan and cook 2-3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
Serve with rice and lime wedges.
Grilled Shrimp White-Bean Salad
1-1 pound bag of shrimp
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 cups canned white beans, rinsed and drained
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1. Thaw shrimp and pat dry. Coat with olive oil, half the garlic and salt and pepper.
2. In saucepan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the rest of the garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add the beans and cook covered on low heat about 5 minutes. They just need to be warmed.
3. Cook shrimp on a grill pan for 2-3 minutes.
4. Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Add some spinach or arugula for a great salad.
Both of these recipes serve 4. Enjoy!