Gluten-Free two dressings, so many options, lime version!
Dressing or Sauce?
Lime version of dressing/sauce
- 1 whole lime, juiced and zested
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped optional
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, or safflower
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Soy sauce, lime, ginger and garlic
- Assemble all the ingredients and prepare as directed.
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor and puree for about 20-30 seconds.
- Now drizzle the oil and process another 20 seconds. The sauce will develop a bit of foam.
- Pour in to a serving container. Set aside.
Lime, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and cilantro
For this version of my sauce/dressing I made fresh green beans, grilled tofu, brown rice, barley and a wild rice medley. I also served mango and avocado with the meal. I often use pea pods, but the green beans looked so much fresher.
Start by wrapping the tofu in tea towel and laying a heavy book on it to squish out most of the water. Then slice the tofu and with a pastry brush and slather your oil on both sides. Tonight I am going to use the grill because of the beautiful evening, but if it's not so nice outside my indoor grill works great too. Make sure the grill is cleaned, the grates are covered in oil, and turn the burners on to a high heat level. You will only need about 2 -3 minutes per side. All you need to do is heat the tofu completely though and score the sides with lovely grill marks.
Rice should be prepared per the directions on the container. I used only water because all the flavoring you will need is in the sauce.
The green beans should be steamed about 4-5 minutes until bright green.
Oh, as you can see in the photos, even though the recipe calls for cilantro, I forgot to get it. I must of been distracted by the beautiful green beans. If it is an element you wish to add, please add it when you puree the garlic and ginger into the lime and soy sauce.
If you are watching your sodium intake you can add more water while preparing the sauce, use a low sodium soy sauce, or experiment with Braggs Amino Acids. In all cases check for taste while preparing.
Assemble all the elements of your meal on a dish along with the avocado and then drizzle, with a light hand, the dressing over all the items. Then either add mango to the dish or serve on the side in a small bowl. Dinner is served, so healthy and just darn delicious. Enjoy!