Two easy recipe ideas for people with hypertension
Healthy Meals to Prepare for People with Hypertension
One of the most
common causes of death among people is heart disease. And most often than not people
with hypertension or high blood pressure are often those who are prone to
develop this type of disease. Therefore, it is very important for these people
to always keep their blood pressure normal. In most cases, once you have
hypertension already it cannot be cured anymore. However, it can be
successfully managed through medication and lifestyle changes. And when we say
lifestyle changes, this includes the food that they eat. It would be actually
much better if a healthy meal plan will be prepared.
People with hypertension are advised to have a low-sodium diet. Well, sodium of course is essential for good health, but for those people with this condition the recommended daily limit for this type of substance is basically lower. However, most of these people often complain that they are not getting enough choices of food because of this. But the truth is there are great tasting recipes that you can include in the meal plan of people with hypertension. Here are two healthy recipes that you could try preparing for your relatives or family member with hypertension:
- 4 ½ cup cooked rice in unsalted water
- 1 ½ teaspoon bouillon granules (unsalted)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions or scallion
- Combine the cooked rice with the chopped scallions
- Put some bouillon granules and mix it well.
- Measure using a cup and serve hot.
Banana Kiwi Salad
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of cayenne pepper for taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces of kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- Combine the lime juice, oil, vinegar, honey, shallot, cayenne and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Then add the banana slices, kiwis, mint, and bell pepper, and then blend with the above mixture. Toss it well.
- Put some cashews on top and serve.
These two recipes are basically low in cholesterol and sodium contents, but are rich in fiber that makes it very ideal for those people with hypertension. So try out these recipes and enjoy.
Don’t forget that you can add a few more nutrients to a meal by serving some fresh fruit or some fresh juice with it. You could borrow or buy a small juicer machine (maybe a wheatgrass juicer or a similar manual device) and try this out. Fresh juice is very good for anyone with hypertension or heart problems.
Just remember to do your best to mix up any diet, to prevent it from
becoming boring. Keeping it interesting is the key to being able to maintain
the diet for a long time.