USA Independence Day Cupcakes
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 35 min
Yields: 12 cupcakes
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 cup milk
- 65 grams butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tetra pack of 250 ml full cream, chilled
- 250 grams fondant
- little drops food color, red, white
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all ingredients. Blend well until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake cups. Fill the cup half full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. It would be better to use a timer. Check the cupcakes if it is cooked thoroughly by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, turn off the oven and let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack or just leave it inside the oven until it cools down.
- Use an electric mixer to mix in full speed the chilled heavy cream for 5 minutes. Stop until it looks fluffy.
- Color half of your icing red and set aside the remaining white icing. If you want to make it look more white u can add white color to the other half, but it's optional.
- Once the cupcake is totally cool, we can start decorating it. We will decorate it like the USA flag. Add white cream for the small box on the upper left and then put the blue sprinkles. Put the red and white strips using the icing plastic bags or icing plastic bottles.
- Roll and shape your white fondant into a star. Put it as a topping on the cupcake by Inserting it with a toothpick.
4th of July Cupcakes by maricarmjolo