Recipe for How to Make Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Curry With Potatoes
How to Make Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Curry with Potatoes
Hot, creamy, and hearty slow-cooked beef curry with potatoes. Delicious!
Beef Curry Has Never Been This Easy
SLOW COOKED BEEF CURRY WITH POTATOES
Slow-cooked curried beef with potatoes is a main dish entree that I really enjoy preparing for my family. I make this slow cooked beef curry with potatoes dish fairly often, especially on holidays. The yellow curry sauce for the slow cooked beef curry is creamy, hearty, and wholesome.
The slow cooked beef with curry sauce and potatoes meal goes down really well in a hungry stomach. The beef is very tender and not at all tough, and the big chunks of potatoes are a treat.
When you think about making beef curry, do you generally think it will be a time-consuming and work-intensive chore?
Well, with this easy beef curry recipe, it won't be.
Ingredients for Ultimate Slow Cooked Beef Curry with Potatoes
- Raw beef tenderloin, cut into sizable chunks
- Raw white, red or russet potatoes
- Curry powder
- 1 ½ cups whole-fat cow’s milk (not 1% milk or fat-free milk)
- 1 can coconut milk (preferably sulfite-free coconut milk)
- Assorted seasoning and spices, in addition to the curry powder. These seasonings should include salt and black pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
Instructions for How to Make Ultimate Slow Cooked Beef Curry With Potatoes
- To make this ultimate slow cooked beef curry with potatoes, remove and discard all of the plastic wrapping around the raw beef. Place the beef into a bowl, rinse the raw beef well with water, and drain.
- Wash your hands well with antibacterial soap and water. Pat your hands dry with paper towels. Sprinkle seasonings on the meat: at least 2 tablespoons of curry powder on the beef meat as well as 1 tablespoon each of the salt, black pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, and crushed red pepper. (This very well-seasoned beef is going to turn out to be very flavorful when it is fully cooked.)
- Take a large spoon to scoop the seasoned beef from the bowl into your crockpot or slow cooker. After all of the beef has been placed into the slow cooker, affix the cover. Turn it on high; then proceed to the next step while the beef starts to cook.
- With antibacterial dish soap and hot water, wash the bowl that had contained the raw meat very well, perhaps letting it soak in soapy water a bit first before rinsing it out.
- Take several raw potatoes (approximately 8 potatoes would be good). Wash them well with soap and water. As potatoes grow in the ground, you might find that there is quite a bit of dirt on them. I like to soak my potatoes and even use a little scrubbing brush to remove all the dirt. When they seem sufficiently clean, rinse well with plain water to remove all soap residue, then pat them dry with paper towels. Peel the potatoes and discard the peels. Rinse the peeled potatoes in plain water once more and then cut them into chunks, rather than slices.
- Next, using an oven mitt on your hand, take the cover off of the slow cooker and add the raw potato chunks. Be cautious, as there might be steam rising from the slow cooker. Replace the cover.
- Reduce the heat from high to low, and let it cook for about 5 hours. This is the beauty of slow cookers. You can go about doing other things, such as doing household chores or reading a book, while the appliance does its work.
- After 5 hours, remove the cover again. Sprinkle some more curry powder (2 more tablespoons), then add in the milk (1 can of coconut milk plus 1 ½ cups of whole milk). Stir well and replace the cover.
- Let everything continue to simmer on the low heat setting for 1 more hour. Then turn off the machine. Some dishes require as many as 8-10 hours, but 6 hours will be quite sufficient for this dish of slow cooked beef curry. Remove the cover of the slow cooker and stir the meal again before serving.
- This ultimate slow cooked beef curry with potatoes dish would be great alone—or served with white rice or brown rice and vegetables.This BEEF CURRY dish can be served in a bowl instead of a plate.
The tender well-seasoned beef, soft potatoes, and creamy, savory curry sauce will surely be pleasing to the palate. Enjoy this slow cooked beef curry with potatoes meal!
One of my favorites
Slow cooked curried beef is one of my favorite dinners. It's great alone or served with rice.
BEEF CURRY WITH POTATOES
How would you prefer to eat the slow cooked beef curry?
Would you be more likely to eat this dish by itself or with rice?
Please rate this recipe
What is your favorite type of meat to have with curry sauce?
What is typically your favorite type of curry dish?
Below are video clips of some other ideas for how to make beef curry. :
1. Beef Curry | Filipino Style | Food Bae
2. Beef Curry | Bangladeshi Style
3. Beef & Potato Curry - Super Easy Beef Curry... ( from YouTuber: How to Cook Great )
4. Curry Beef with Potato ... ( from YouTuber : caribbeanpot )
© 2018 Nyesha Pagnou MPH