How to Make Ultra Moist Banana Cake: Dessert Recipe
Ultra moist banana cake
9 inch round banana cake
Banana cake fresh from the oven
The banana cake will look enticing as it is removed from the oven.
How to Make Ultra Moist Banana Cake
Baking a cake from scratch can potentially be a soothing and comforting activity than can take your mind off of negative things that you are experiencing. When I think of a cake, I think of happiness and celebration, not necessarily the celebration of a birthday but it can be the celebration of another special occasion or holiday. This delectable banana cake dessert can also potentially be a "just because" cake. While baking the cake can be a calming activity, eating the cake is well, good. You're going to say, "Yum, this cake is so good."
- Banana cake that is made using this dessert recipe is tasty.
- This banana cake is really soft and moist, with the use of ripe bananas in the ingredients.
This dessert recipe hub on HubPages discusses how to make ultra moist banana cake. If you have been looking for a banana cake recipe that results in a cake that is soft, moist and delicious, not at all dry, then this is the banana cake recipe for you.
This recipe is adapted from an on-line recipe at allrecipes.com. I looked at several recipes and I used the A-Number-1 Banana Cake recipe (submitted by Kevin Ryan) and some others as my starting off point. Originally, I was looking for a banana bread recipe when I became intrigued by the idea of a banana cake which would be perhaps tastier and definitely less dry than a banana bread.
While some banana cake recipes called for cake flour, I was able to use regular all purpose flour like in the A-Number-1 recipe with excellent results. The recipe also called for 2/3 cup of buttermilk which I did not have on hand and I learned that 2/3 cup of regular milk with a teaspoon of vinegar would do just as well.
- While nuts such as walnuts are often suggested in these recipes, I did not use any.
- Additionally, I liked the smooth result of blending the bananas with some water for pureed form instead of mashed bananas. I did not notice any other recipes calling for water.
Here are the ingredients I used in one 9 inch round cake pan. The A-Number-1 banana cake recipe I looked at called for two 8 inch pans. Surely the recipe can be doubled or halved as needed. That recipe needed 2 1/2 cups of flour but I only used 1 cup of flour for example. I also used 3 instead of the other recipe's 4 bananas and there was a very rich banana flavor.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
It's great that a cake made with just 2 eggs can still be so moist and tasty.
The ingredients for this banana cake make it very soft and moist.
Instructions : How to make this homemade ultra moist banana cake
Here are the easy steps that I used for preparing this delicious and moist banana cake with minimal prep and clean up time. Frosting is optional of course. I did not frost it.:
1. Add 1/2 cup of water to your blender.
2. Peel the 3 bananas, cut them each in two and place them in the water in the blender.
3. Blend the banana and water together until liquified and smooth.
4. While the banana mixture stands in the blender, sift the flour, white sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
5. Pour the banana mixture on top of the flour mixture and stir.
6. Take the 2/3 cup of milk and stir in 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
7. Preheat the oven now to 350 degrees.
8. Without washing the blender of the remnants of the banana mixture, simply add the milk with vinegar, two eggs, brown sugar and softened butter to the blender and blend until smooth.
9. Pour this mixture into the large bowl with the flour and banana mixture and stir, mixing all together well.
10. Once smooth, pour this entire mixture of cake batter into a greased and floured 9 inch round cake pan.
11. Bake a 350 degree for 30 minutes.
12. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then turn over onto a plate..
Allow to cool some more or serve warm. Enjoy.
Slice and serve the banana cake and enjoy!
Banana cake and banana cupcake photos
Above are the photos from the first time I baked this enjoyable banana cake. On a separate occasion, I baked cupcakes using the same recipe.
I used a tasty store bought buttercream frosting by Betty Crocker to frost these cupcakes. I will be working on some homemade frosting recipes pretty soon.
Frosting does add a special touch. You can bake some cupcakes for a birthday or for Valentine's Day and find that they will be so appreciated.
Banana cupcakes are great too!
Please rate this recipe
You will find that this banana cake is moist and delicious.
Do you think that you would enjoy your banana cake most with frosting or no frosting?
Cake or cupcakes?
Would you be most likely to bake a cake that you can cut into slices or a batch of cupcakes or both cake and cupcakes at the same time?
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH