How to Make Ultra Moist Banana Cake: Dessert Recipe
Delicious Dessert Recipe for How to Make Ultra Moist Banana Cake
9 inch round banana cake
Banana cake fresh from the oven
The banana cake will look enticing as it is removed from the oven.
How to Make Ultra Moist Banana Cake
Baking a banana cake from scratch can potentially be a soothing and comforting activity than can take your mind off of negative things that you are experiencing. When I think of a banana cake, I think of happiness and celebration, not necessarily the celebration of a birthday but it can be the celebration of another special occasion or holiday. This delectable banana cake dessert can also potentially be a "just because" cake. While baking the banana cake can be a calming activity, eating the banana cake is well, good. You're going to say, "Yum, this banana cake is so good."
- Banana cake that is made using this banana cake dessert recipe is very tasty.
- This banana cake is really soft and moist, with the use of ripe bananas in the ingredients.
This dessert recipe hub on HubPages discusses how to make ultra moist banana cake. If you have been looking for a banana cake recipe that results in a cake that is soft, moist and delicious, not at all dry, then this is the banana cake recipe for you.
This banana cake recipe is adapted from an on-line recipe at allrecipes.com. I looked at several banana cake recipes and I used the A-Number-1 Banana Cake recipe (submitted by Kevin Ryan) and some others as my starting off point. Originally, I was looking for a banana bread recipe when I became intrigued by the idea of a banana cake which would be perhaps tastier and definitely less dry than a banana bread.
All purpose flour was used in making this banana cake
While some banana cake recipes called for cake flour, I was able to use regular all purpose flour like in the A-Number-1 recipe with excellent results. The banana cake recipe also called for 2/3 cup of buttermilk which I did not have on hand and I learned that 2/3 cup of regular milk with a teaspoon of vinegar would do just as well.
- While nuts such as walnuts are often suggested in these banana cake recipes, I did not use any.
- Additionally, for the banana cake, I liked the smooth result of blending the bananas with some water for pureed form instead of using mashed bananas. I did not notice any other banana cake recipes calling for water.
1. Ingredients for ultra moist banana cake
Here are the ingredients that I used to make the ultra moist banana cake in one 9 inch round cake pan. The A-Number-1 banana cake recipe I looked at called for two 8 inch pans. Surely the banana cake recipe can be doubled or halved as needed. That banana cake recipe needed 2 1/2 cups of flour but I only used 1 cup of flour for example. I also used 3 instead of the other recipe's 4 bananas and there was still a very rich banana flavor.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
It's great that a banana cake made with just 2 eggs can still be so moist and tasty.
Soft and moist cake
The ingredients for this banana cake make it very soft and moist.
2. Instructions : How to make this homemade ultra moist banana cake
Here are the easy steps that I used for preparing this delicious and ultra moist banana cake with minimal prep and clean up time. Frosting is optional of course. I did not frost it.:
1. Add 1/2 cup of water to your blender.
2. Peel the 3 bananas, cut them each in two and place them in the water in the blender.
3. Blend the banana and water together until liquified and smooth.
4. While the banana mixture stands in the blender, sift the flour, white sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
5. Pour the banana mixture on top of the flour mixture and stir.
6. Take the 2/3 cup of milk and stir in 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
7. Preheat the oven now to 350 degrees.
8. Without washing the blender of the remnants of the banana mixture, simply add the milk with vinegar, two eggs, brown sugar and softened butter to the blender and blend until smooth.
9. Pour this mixture into the large bowl with the flour and banana mixture and stir, mixing all together well.
10. Once smooth, pour this entire mixture of cake batter into a greased and floured 9 inch round cake pan.
11. Bake a 350 degree for 30 minutes.
12. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then turn over onto a plate..
Allow to cool some more or serve warm. Enjoy.
Slice and serve the banana cake and enjoy!
3. Banana cake and banana cupcake photos
Above are the photos from the first time I baked this enjoyable ultra moist banana cake. On a separate occasion, I baked banana cupcakes using the same recipe.
I used a tasty store bought buttercream frosting by Betty Crocker to frost these banana cupcakes. I will be working on some homemade frosting recipes pretty soon.
Frosting does add a special touch to the banana cupcakes. You can bake some cupcakes for a birthday or for Valentine's Day and find that they will be so appreciated.
Banana cupcakes are great too!
Banana cupcakes with buttercream frosting
Please rate this recipe
You will find that this banana cake is moist and delicious.
Do you think that you would enjoy your banana cake most with frosting or no frosting?
Cake or cupcakes?
Would you be most likely to bake a cake that you can cut into slices or a batch of cupcakes or both cake and cupcakes at the same time?
1. How to Make Banana Cake | Cake Recipes | Allrecipes.com
2. Easy Banana Cake Recipe - How to Make Spongy Banana Cake - Harshi's Kitchen Cake Recipes
3. How to Bake Banana Cake : Victory's Kitchen
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH