- Food and Cooking
Under 100 calorie meals
Obesity is at an all-time high and rising everyday. For those days where you are motivated to not become or continue to be, one of those statistics, you can try to substitute one of these meals for one of your larger, more calorie drenched meals. While eating 100 calorie meals on occasion to cut down on calorie intake is okay, remember that the best way to lose weight is to eat a balanced diet that has a calorie content appropriate for your body and to exercise. I find when I eat meals, no matter how small, if they have a bunch of different foods instead of a lot of one food, I become fuller, faster and feel overall, more satisfied. Here are some of my favorite 100 calorie meals.
- 1 egg white = 20 calories
- 12 blueberries = 10 calories
- 1/2 grapefruit = 40 calories
- 1 scallion = 5 calories
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese = 20 calories
- 1 large strawberry = 5 calories
You can chop up the scallion and grate the Parmesan cheese to mix them in with your egg.
- Bullion cube = 5 calories
- 1 large celery stick = 10 calories
- 1 oz boneless skinless chicken breast = 35 calories
- 6 baby carrots = 20 calories
- 1 cup mushrooms = 15 calories
- 3 large strawberries = 15
If you make the Bullion and add the celery, chicken, mushrooms and carrots all chopped up, it makes a pretty tasty soup.
- 2 cups grilled mushrooms = 30 calories
- 1 tbsp Kraft Calorie-Wise Creamy Cucumber Dressing = 20 calories
- 1 cup cauliflower = 25 calories
- 1 clove garlic = 5 calories
- 6 green or red grapes= 20 calories
You can put the cucumber dressing on the grilled mushrooms and cook the cauliflower in a pan with the clove of garlic chopped up. I love this because of bold flavors.