Unique Asparagus and Orange Bell Pepper Quiche
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 35 min
Ready in: 45 min
Yields: Serves 4-8
- 1 ready made pie dough
- 3 large brown eggs
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- butter (to lubricate the quiche pan)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lubricate a pie pan with butter and unroll the ready made pie dough over the pie pan. Mold the dough into the pie pan, crimping the edges. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough.
- Cook the crust for 10 minutes. While that's cooking, get started on the filling.
- Into a blender, add 3 large brown eggs, 1 cup of small curd cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of flour, 2 cups of milk and 1 teaspoon of spicy brown mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- The crust should be ready now. Add the egg mixture.
- Scatter the chopped asparagus and orange bell pepper on top of the egg mixture. Cover the top of the uncooked quiche with 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes, checking on it regularly. The quiche will be fluffy and golden brown on the top when it is finished. I normally broil the top for a couple of minutes as well, just for extra bubbly cheesy goodness.