Unusual Foods You Can Fry
Foods to Fry
Some people never eat fried foods. Then there are some people who don't mind and eat fried foods all the time. Then there is a third group of people who fry almost all of their foods, including pickles, cheesecake, cola, ice cream and even butter.
People who love them tell other people they don't know what they are missing if they have never tried deep fried pickles. They are delicious and can be eaten as an appetizer served with ranch dressing. They can be eaten along with a burger, sandwich or soup. If you try them once, you will eat them often.
It is very easy to make your own fried pickles with just a few ingredients.
- 3 cups of dill pickle slices
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- a dash of salt
- oil for deep-fat frying.
- Heat oil in skillet to 375 degrees while you combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Coat pickles with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, then dip into flour again.
- Drop 10 pickle slices at a time in the skillet with the hot oil.
- Cook for 3 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Eat and enjoy.
Most people like cheesecake as it is, so why fry it? Deep fried cheesecake is a bite-size dessert that everyone will love because they are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
This is a different and delicious treat and a perfect dessert for a party.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup +2 tbsp. milk
- vegetable oil
- Cut the frozen cheesecake into small 1-inch squares and keep the cubes in the freezer until you are ready to fry them.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add 1 cup milk and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil, and mix until smooth.
- Dip cheesecake into the batter. Let excess drip back into the bowl, and fry in vegetable oil heated to 350 degrees for 3 minutes or until a puffy dark golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel to drain.
- It is optional to dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with chocolate sauce, caramel, strawberry sauce or your favorite topping.
- Eat and enjoy your fried cheesecake.
Fried Ice Cream Balls
It might seem strange to think about frying ice cream. However, those who have eaten fried ice cream love it. It is easy and convenient to fry ice cream when you use the following ingredients and directions.
- 1 56-ounce container of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 ½ cups vanilla sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- canola oil, for frying
To prepare the ice cream balls:
- Place large scoops of ice cream in a 9×13 pan. Cover the pan tightly and freeze for at least an hour until ice cream scoops are firm.
- Prepare the coating by combining crushed corn flakes, cookie crumbs and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the frozen ice cream scoops from the freezer. Dip one scoop at a time into the crumb mixture, then into the beaten eggs, and then back into the crumb mixture. Form the scoops into neat balls.
- Place the coated ice cream balls back into the freezer. Freeze them for at least 2 hours so the balls can be completely frozen and firm.
To fry the ice cream:
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a small pot to 400 degrees.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Carefully lower one ball at a time into the hot oil. Let it fry for about 30 seconds until golden brown.
- It is optional to top the ice cream balls with whipped cream or chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately while the crumb coating is hot and crunchy and the ice cream remains frozen.
Fried Cola Balls
The above recipes are for foods to eat including a dessert, but the last recipe is for a fried drink. In its final state, the fried cola is not to be drunk as a beverage bit eaten as a dessert.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cola
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- vegetable oil
- Beat the eggs and mix the cola and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the cola mixture with the flour mixture. Mix until batter is smooth and not too thick.
- Roll the dough into 1-1/2 balls.
- Fry in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes at 375 degrees until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- Top with powdered sugar and serve.