Vangayam Thogyal (Onion Dip)
Like it, Star it..
Onion Thogyal at it's best:)
Since my childhood days I love this dip – onion thogyal. There are lots of varieties of thogyal but this is one of my favourite. My family loved it when I improvise this with my grandma n my mother’s thogyal combo. This thogyal can be spread on bread, dip for dosai, idly and best goes with rice. If you are having with rice don’t forget to have chips or applams as accompaniment. It can also be stored for 3-4 days in refrigerator.
Steps to Prepare Onion Thogyal.
Ingredients- Get the basic right:)
- 2tbsp Chana dal, Bengal gram dhal
- 1tsp Fenugreek seeds
- few Curry leaves
- 1tsp Grated coconut
- 3 nos Dy Red chilli
- 2 nos Onion, Roughly chopped
- 1tsp Corrieander leaves, Chopped
- 1tsp Gingely oil
- 1tsp Tamarind water
- 1tsp Ginger, Chopped
- Salt To taste
Lets Make it..
- Put little oil in a pan. Add chana dal, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillies, grated coconut and saute for a minute.
- Once it done, remove from flame and keep it aside for cooling.
- Now for onions, in a pan add 1 tsp oil, roughly choped onions saute for a minute and then add ginger , saute again for minute add little water including tamarind water, chopped corrieander leaves and salt to taste. cook for two minutes untill it becomes little soft.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool for sometime.
- Later, add all the mixture in a mixer jar and grind it.
- Yummy thogyal is ready in few minutes. You can always have this dip for rice pancakes i.e. Dosa, Idlys and to try something new relish this Onion Thogyal mix with hot steam rice adding little gingely oil.
- Try this for quick and easy, i'm sure you'll love it.
Eat it Right:)
|Serving size: 1tbsp|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|