- Food and Cooking
Banarsi kimami sewai
- 1KG Sewai, roasted
- 3kg sugar
- 1kg khoya, roasted
- 4kg milk
- 5g cardamom green, powder
- 150gm cashew nut, chopped
- 150gm almond, chopped
- 1/2 coconut, grated
- 100gm pista, chopped
- 250gm ghee, pure
- 4 clove
- Roast sewai in ghee till it turns golden..
Take one big vessel ,add ghee then temper with cloves and cardamom green.
Saute all the dry fruits into ghee till it turns golden.
Add milk in it. when milk will start boiling then add sugar in it.
Prepare 1 string between sugar syrup (long sticky string between two fingers)
Add sewai in it, and cook it in a low heat until it cooked. (Don't forget to stir in between)
Take a pan and saute khoya until it turns golden in colour. (NOTE-And then cool it)
Add khoya into sewai and mix it well,for garnising add all saute dry fruits and cardamom powder into sewai.
Serve when cooled...
- Don't roast anything in high flame otherwise it will burn.
- Getting a 1 string sugar syrup is important, otherwise the sewai will not get its fine texture.
- Don't forget to stir in between when sewai is add in 1 string sugar syrup.
- Tastes best when served cooled sewai....
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 48 g||16%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
So, Guys how did you found my kimami sewai recipe??
- Benares: The City of Varanasi
Benares (Denominated in Sanskrit Varanasi: a name derived from
- Is Varanasi For You?
This post describes my experiences about Varanasi. Some people will find Varanasi very interesting, some would be shocked by the dirt and the amount of people. Varanasi is not for everyone.
- Travel to Varanasi and the Ganges
A short introduction to the Indian city of Varanasi and the Holy Ganges River and tips to travel to Varanasi and the Ganges
- Amazing Holidays in India
My friend Baan tells us about all the amazing things you can expect from adventure holidays in India.