- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Vegan Banana Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe comes out looking and tasting like freshly baked mini Cliff Bars! Just enough sweet and a whole lot of healthy! No dairy, no eggs, very little fat and very high in fiber!
- 3 bananas, ripened (the ones with brown spots will add more sweetness)
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, stone ground (I use High Altitude Hungarian whole wheat flour living in Colorado)
- 1 1/2 carrots, thinly grated
- 3 tbps almond butter, (or you can opt to use smooth or crunchy peanut butter)
- 3 tbsp oat or wheat bran, for added fiber
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar, optional (or simply sugar free)
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450. In a medium sized mixing bowl, smash and puree bananas with a large fork until they are almost creamy. Doesn't have to be completely lump free.
- Add & mix together almond butter, cinnamon, oat or wheat bran, and carrots. Then add & mix in whole wheat flour, then oatmeal until completely blended.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with olive oil spray. Add dollops of cookie batter about the size of 2 rounded tablespoons. With a small fork, shape cookies round and flat. Your cook time will vary if using only 1 cookie sheet.
- Bake each batch for about 18-20 minutes, until golden brown with edges slightly crisped.
Vegan Baking Help
- Vegan Baking Guides: The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
A vegan baking website with recipes, articles, web shows, tips and forums for people to compare notes and share knowledge. Provides a wealth of information such as what substitutes for eggs, using the right margarine and leavening tips for dough!