Pancakes Are Easy!
And to make them Vegan you simply substitute any dairy products such as milk, cream or buttermilk.
In fact, you do not even need to substitute all the key ingredients above. You simply use Soya Milk and the secret to tasty and fluffy pancakes is the baking powder.
Ingredients (For 8 Pancakes)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
- 3/4 cup soya milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Step 1: Mix the Vegan Pancake Batter
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix well
- Then add the "wet" ingredients (Soya Milk and Maple Syrup)
- Mix well until you have a lump-free batter mixture
Step 2: Cook the Pancakes
- Warm a non-stick frying pan for approximately 2 minutes on a medium heat
- Brush the pan with some vegetable oil
- Ladle your pancake batter into the middle and spread out gently
- Check the base and when sufficiently brown, flip the pancake
Step 3: Serve & Enjoy
Serve your pancakes with your favourite toppings and enjoy with fresh fruit and maple syrup as part of a great breakfast.
1. Taste your batter before cooking (check for sweetness) - No point in cooking a whole batch only to realise you dont like the flavour
2. Cook 1 at a time
- Try Adding bits of dark chocolate to the batter mix (they slowly melt while cooking - yumm!)
- Try topping the pancakes with slices of Banana and drizzling melted toffee over (more yumm!)
- Try sautéing some plumbs in a pan with some maple syrup, then add a shot of Malibu liqueur and use as a pancake topping(even more yumm!).