Vegan Raspberry Ice "Cream" made with Chocolate Coconut Milk
Summer's fast approaching! That means it's berry season! Mother Nature's sweet and delicious candy ripens in clusters of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries! If you're lucky enough to live in an area where these tiny fruits grow, you know the transcendent experience of eating a freshly picked berry! SO GOOD!
Along with the delectable fruits of summer, also comes everyone's favorite dessert...ice cream! Who doesn't like a frozen treat on a hot, humid summer day. The refreshing chill of the frozen dessert on your tongue can make a hot day enjoyable, even if it results in a brain freeze!
So why not combine two of summer's greatest treats into one amazing and healthy dish! That's where this simple, yet delicious recipe for Vegan Raspberry Ice "Cream" made with Chocolate Coconut Milk comes into play.
This recipe is easy to make with only four ingredients. It's vegan, which means it has no dairy in it! Great news for diary cows and your stomach! If you want to make this recipe even healthier, try substituting the sugar with stevia! This particular recipe uses raspberries but feel free to add your favorite berries to it!
Not only will you be making a delicious treat for yourself, you'll also be impressing your friends and family! Since there is no dairy (cream) in this recipe, it could really be called a sorbet. Which ever name you want to call it, this recipe will make you smile.
The ice "cream" can be eaten right away as soft serve or be frozen in the freezer for hard ice "cream". If making hard ice "cream", it is best to freeze the mixture in a metal container, like a baking ban for bread. The metal pan will help freeze the mixture evenly.
The frozen fruit and coconut milk make for a delicious combination in this vegan ice "cream" recipe. It's time to enjoy summer in a simple and healthy way!
- 3 Cups Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Cup Chocolate Coconut Milk, I used So Delicious
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Sugar, Can also use Stevia
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Set blender to puree setting and blend until combined. Ice "cream" should be thicker than a smoothie.
- Serve immediately as soft serve ice "cream" or place in metal baking pan and place in freezer for hard ice "cream".
- Let freeze for at least an hour, then scoop out for a delicious treat.
- Optional: to keep the ice "cream" vegan add cool whip as a topping. You can also add a splash of the chocolate coconut milk as a topping as well.