- Food and Cooking
Vegan Schwarzwald Cake
Ingredients for the crust (the first 7 lines); ingredients for the filling ( next 5 lines):
- 600 g of sugar
- 800 ml of water
- 16 table spoons of flour
- 4 table spoons of cocoa
- 8 table spoons of vegetable oil (cooking oil)
- 6 table spoons of jam (any kind of it)
- 4 small spoons of sodium bicarbonate
- 600 g sour cherries
- 300 g of sugar
- 100 ml of water
- 300 g of fat - free - powder icing
- 100 g of fat - free chocolate
Without doubt the Vegan Schwarzwald Cake will become the regular part of your daily meals. It is quite easy to make and your non - vegan friends would like to try it. Keep in mind the fact that it is the fastest consumed cake you have ever made, so save something for later only for yourself.
When you read the ingredients you will see that it is completely suitable for people who do not eat animal products or meat.
Fat - free
If you are on a diet and you cannot eat cakes and sweets there is one which can be suitable for your condition. It is Vegan Schwarzwald Cake which is completely fat-free. It does not take much time to make it, about 40 minutes, together with preparing the ingredients and baking time. It is ideal for warm spring and hot summer days, when guests come or for family gathering. Be prepared to pack a piece or two because it would be the most wanted dessert you have ever made and tried. Be patient and be at anyone's service to explain the the making of the delicious cake and dictate its ingredients.
- CRUST: Dissolve sugar in water. Then, add vegetable oil, flour mixed with sodium bicarbonate, cocoa and jam. Combine these ingredients well into a blend and divide it into three parts. Each crust should be baked separately in a square cake pan 35x35 cm at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes. Baked crusts should be cooled (naturally, not in the fridge or freezer, just leave it on the table) before filling.
- FILLING: Cook sour cherries with sugar and water. Then, filter them but do not throw away the liquid. After that, put drained sour cherries on the first crust. Beat up powdered fat-free icing with water and in the third part of it add one glass of cooked sour cherry juice(that liquid you should have not thrown away). Using that mixture, cover the sour cherries and put the second crust. The second crust cover with the rest of the icing.
- DECORATION: Decorate with grated chocolate. If you have some sour cherries left, you can put them on the top together with the grated chocolate. Finally, put the cake in the fridge before serving.