- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Healthy Cookies! Vegan pumpkin, peanut butter, fig, walnut and coconut cookies- Version 2
Vegan pumpkin, peanut butter, fig, walnut and coconut cookies
Vegan pumpkin cookies with figs, coconut and walnuts
Pumpkin, peanut butter, fig, coconut and walnut cookies
Pumpkin cookies with peanut butter ,figs, coconut and walnuts
- 1 can pumpkin, organic
- 2 cups fresh ground peanut butter, or the jar version
- 1/2 cup Sweetleaf-sugar and stevia, 2/3 the calories of straight sugar
- 1 cup coconut water, or just plain water
- 2 tablespoons real vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups spelt flour ,, or wheat
- 2 cups shredded coconut ,, toasted
- 2 cups chopped figs
- 2 cups chopped walnuts,, toasted
Vegan pumpkin peanut butter, fig, coconut and toasted walnut cookies
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a large mixing bowl, measure out all the dry ingredients including the toasted coconut and walnuts, and then set it aside for now.
- In another large bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. If you have coconut water left over, you can freeze and use it later for another batch of cookies or, throw it into your next smoothie.
- Now, adding it one cup at a time, stir in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, mixing well until all the ingredients are incorporated together.
- Line a large cookie sheet with either parchment paper or a sil-pat. For this version I used a smaller ice cream scoop to form my cookie balls. Fill the sheet with your cookie balls. They don't spread so you can put them pretty close together. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. Check after 15 minutes to make sure nothing is burning. All ovens cook a little different . Transfer the hot cookies carefully to wire cooling racks, if you have them. If not, gently place them where they can cool.
- Once cookies are completely cool, transfer them to a freezer bag and place in the freezer. You can take cookies out about 20-30 minutes before you are ready to eat them or place the frozen cookies in your lunch bag where they will thaw quickly.
Vegan pumpkin peanut butter,fig, toasted coconut and walnut cookies
When I make cookies I usually make a double or triple batch. They freeze so nicely and my husband can have guilt-free evening snacks for a month!
I created this version from a flavor introduced to me as a little girl. My grandfather loved Fig Newton's with a dollop of peanut butter on each one. I grew to love the flavors together and that is how the version came about.
I don't need to tell you how good nuts and nut butters along with dried fruit are for you! Take a look at some of the better meal replacement/power bars that are high in protein and that is how these bars are made. These are healthier for you! You can do it yourself and use all the best ingredients for your family! These "cookies" are also a great mid-day or post-workout snack.
I do have a version three and it's my favorite version. Keep checking back for that posted blog. I have a feeling it will become your favorite too!