- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Vegetable And Melted Cheese Potato Topper
Looking for main dishes to prepare for your family dinner can get tiresome if you try to cook something different every night. This specific diet recipe is modeled after the french traditional meal called raclette. Raclette is a very simple meal to make. All you do is simply cook potatoes and put stuff on top of it like cheese and vegetables. Basically this is what you would be doing here as well. It's extremely fun and delicious and will definitely prove to be a family favorite. Do not overdo the balance between cheese and potato because too much of either of them can leave the quality of the meal making you feel empty even though you have already eaten.
Diet food just keeps getting better! Now it includes a baked potato smothered in its own cheese sauce. Doesn't that sound just wonderful? This meal is a main course, but can be decreased to be an entree or a side as well.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded american cheese
- 1 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables, cooked and drained
- 4 medium baking potatoes (6 to 8 ounces each), baked
- In a small saucepan stir together milk, cornstarch, mustard, and pepper. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Add cheese, stirring till melted. Stir in mixed vegetables and heat through. Serve warm over baked potatoes. Serves 4.
- Note: To bake potatoes, scrub thoroughly and prick with a fork. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 40 to 60 minutes or till done. Or, prick skin of potatoes; place potatoes in microwave oven. Cook on 100% power (high) for 14 to 17 minutes or till done, rearranging once. Let stand for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
255 calories, 10 g protein, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat, 22 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 748 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!