Vegetable Bread Lasagna
Lasagnas....they say-"Not everyone can make it."
I say - "Probably, not everyone has to make it the same way!!"
Follow this recipe and surprise everyone by your cooking skills:)
- 8-10 loafs White/Brown bread
- 1 pack Mozarella cheese, grated
- 1 pack cheese spread/ parmesan cheese
- 1 each green, red and yellow capsicum, chopped
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 7-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Butter (salted/unsalted)
- red chilli sauce
- oregano and chilli flakes
- First heat oil in an open container and put the chopped onions in it for frying.
- Once the onions turn slightly golden-brown, mix the chopped capsicums ( green, red and yellow) with it. Mix it well while heating it on a high flame for about two minutes.
- Now, add the tomatoes to this mixture and stir the mixture on a low flame for about 3 minutes. Add the chopped garlic to it.
- Turn the heat down and add about 1/4 cup of grated mozarella cheese in it. Stir it well on medium flame for about a minute till the cheese mixes well with the vegetables.
- Now, add two tablespoons of red chilli sauce, one tablespoon of salt, 1/2 tablespoon of coriander powder and some oregano ( as per taste). Mix the veggies and spices well on medium flame and turn off the heat when the mixture becomes a bit soggy.
- Next, cut the sides of the bread loafs and flatten out the bread slices using a rolling pin. Roll it until the entire surface is even and the size of the bread slice is a little larger.
- Once all the slices are done, prepare the container for baking. Take butter in a pan and heat it to liquid form. Now apply this butter on the base and sides of the container (greasing) . Make sure you grease the sides well.
- Now, arrange the first layer of the lasagna. Place the flattened out slices of bread first. Make sure that you do not leave spaces betwwen the bread slices and cover the base of the container entirely. Cut the bread slices as per the size of the container.
- Next, apply pasta sauce on the layer of bread and top it with an even layer of the veggie mixture prepared earlier.
- Then, put the grated mozarella cheese on top of the veggie mixture to make a layer of cheese. Sprinkle some oregano and chilli flakes on top of it.
- Now, cover this with another layer of bread slices and repeat steps 8,9 and 10.
- Next, prepare the third layer of bread slices and apply pasta sauce on it. Now, spread a melted mixture of mozarella cheese and cheese spread on top of it. ( Mix some grated mozarella cheese and cheese spread and heat it to make a paste.)
- Sprinkle a substantial amount of oregano and chilli flakes on top of it. Now, the lasagna is ready to go inside the oven!!
- Put the container in the oven and heat it at 175- 200 degree celsius for 15-20 minutes. Check for the cheese to melt and take out when it bubbles.
- Once the container is out of the oven, dig into the sides of the lasagna and move it in the plate/dish in which you wish to serve it.
- Put some chopped coriander leaves and green chillies to garnish it and serve it hot!!