Vegetable Beef Soup for Two
This recipe was born with a little bit of leftover roast beef. It was not enough for a second meal, but I hate to waste. After looking through my fridge I put this together and it tastes similar to a vegetable soup my grandma used to make.
What you will need.
- 1 and 1/2 Quart Water
- 2 Beef Bullion Cubes
- 4oz (quarter pound) Beef, cooked and cut into cubes
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 large handful fresh stringbeans
- 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 large tomato, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
How to make it.
- Start off by simmering your water, beef bullion cubes, onion and beef until beef bullion cubes melt into the water.
- Add salt, pepper, and sugar
- Add fresh sliced carrots and fresh string beans.
- Add your frozen mixed veggies
- Add diced cubes of tomato
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for 2 1/2 hours, occasionally stirring.
- Add more salt, pepper, or sugar if needed