- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Vegetable Fried Ball Recipe : Nutritional Indian Snacks | Vegetable Chop Recipe
Join me @
- Flavours And Spices
My recipe page...Hope u'll like it :)
Fried Vegetable Ball , are commonly known as Vegetable Chop among the Bengali.From the name you can imagine the nutritious value of this snacks.
The origin of this snacks is East India and Bangladesh.
The specialty of this snacks is it's spice i.e. Panchphoron. The name panchphoron itself contains it's meaning.It means the spice includes five (Panch) more spices or seeds.The name of five seed are fenugreek seed, nigella seed, cumin seed,radhuni,fennel seed.The radhuni is easily available in East India and well known among Begali.Radhuni may be hard to obtain in the other part of India or world, so you can use black mustard seed as the fifth seed of panchphoron. The panchphoron generally used in a dish which contains more than 2-3 vegetables.It has an unique smell that makes the dish special.
You can use so many green vegetables like beans, carrot, beet, capsicum etc for preparing the vegetable mix, but original recipe should contain carrot, beet,potato.
- Methi Thepla Recipe| How To make Indian Fenugreek-B...
- Chicken Chilli Dry Recipe | Chili Chicken Dry Recipe
- Mughlai Chicken Recipe : A spicy Indian Chicken Dish
- Dhania (Coriander) Chicken Recipe
- Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
- Recipe : Paneer (Cottage cheese) in Hot Garlic Sauce
- Recipe: Veg Sweet Corn Soup
- Schezwan Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes : Indian Style
- Indian Desert: Kalakand
- Indian Desert : Phirni
- 2 carrot, chopped cubical
- 1/2 piece beet (Beta vulgaris), chopped cubical
- 500gm potatoes, chopped cubical
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbs panchphoron
- 1-2 bayleaves
- to taste salt
- to taste sugar
- 8 Toast biscuit, crushed
- 4-5 tbsp Maida flour
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 30-50 gms Green Peas, Crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbs ginger, paste
- Add oil to a very hot pan.
- Add panchphoron, ginger paste, bayleaves and green chllies.
- Add carrot, potatoes, beet (Beta vulgaris) , green peas.
- Now stir (medium high heat) continuously for 2 mins.
- Add salt, sugar, pinch of turmeric powder.
- Cover the pan for 5 mins (low flame), so that the vegetable are fried and boiled properly with steam.
- Open the cover and check whether the vegetable mix is ready.Keep it separately.
- Mix 2tbs maida flour to 1/2 cup the water and keep it in a bowl.
- Now after cooling the vegetable mixture, make the shape as oval ball.
- Now mix 2tbs maida flour with crushed biscuit and keep it in another dish.
- Take the vegetable ball pieces and dip into maida-water mixture and then in crashed biscuit.
- Dip fry.
- Serve with green salad and toamto sause.
The two most important ingredients for this recipe are beet (Beta vulgaris) and Carrot.Both of two have highly nutritious value.Carrot is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Potassium.Beet is very low in calories and good source of Glycine betaine, Vitamin C, niachin etc
© 2012 M K Paul