- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Vegetable Curry or Korma - A Perfect Side Dish for Chapathis and Parathas
- ½ cup Green beans, (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- ½ cup Carrot, (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- ½ cup Potatoes, Diced
- ½ cup Green peas
- ½ cup Cauliflower, (cut into small florets)
- 1 cup Onion, Diced
- 1 cup Tomato, Diced
- 1 cup Coconut, Grated
- 4 nos Green chillies, Small
- 2 nos Ginger, (1-inch piece)
- 1 no Bay leaves
- ½ tbsp Fennel seeds
- 3 nos Cloves
- 1 no Cinnamon, 1-inch piece
- 2 nos Cardamom
- 7 tbsp Cooking oil
- ½ tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- Salt, as you require
- Curry leaves, for garnishing
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
1) Boil Vegetables
Add beans, carrot, cauliflower, potato, green peas, two tbsp chilli powder, half tbsp turmeric powder and water to a pressure cooker and wait for four whistles.
2) Make Coconut Paste
· Heat two tbsp oil in a pan, then add tomato, onion, grated coconut, green chillies, ginger, garlic and fry them for 5-7 minutes.
· Then let this vegetable mixture cool.
· Grind this mixture to a fine paste and keep it aside.
· Add five tbsp oil to a pan and heat it.
· Then add bay leaves, fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom and fry them until they come to a golden brown color.
· Now pour the boiled vegetables into the pan, cover it with a lid and cook them for two minutes.
· Then add the grinded coconut paste to the boiling mixture and stir well.
· Add salt to taste.
· Let the korma cook for 10 more minutes.
· Garnish with coriander and curry leaves.
Now your Vegetable Korma is ready to serve. It also goes well with plain rice, dosa and idly.