- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Vegetable Supreme- A Great Thanksgiving Side Dish
With the holiday’s fast approaching, we are all looking for quick easy delicious side dish recipes to serve with the Turkey or Ham. This dish is very easy to assemble, and tastes better if assembled early in the day and baked right before serving. It can be made with fresh broccoli and cauliflower as well, but they would need to be blanched before use. Why not take the short cut of using frozen vegetables. These vegetables are picked at their peak freshness and quickly frozen to preserve the vitamins. The dish looks very festive with the green from the broccoli and white cauliflower, and flecks of red from the pepper. Research shows that consuming cruciferous vegetables (the super food!) can cut the risk of cancer too!
- 3 to 4 cups frozen brocolli, thawed
- 3 to 4 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small bag gourmet croutons, i.e. garlic butter flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 F if eating right away.
- In a large bowl, stir onion, soup, mayo, egg, cheese. Add some fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and red pepper. Gently stir to combine.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish. Pour mixture in and press down lightly.
- Open the bag of croutons. Lay in it's side, and crush with a rolling pin or wine bottle until croutons are partially crushed. Pour on top of casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour. To check if it is done, put a knife in center for 5-10 seconds, then remove. Touch knife to see if it is hot.
- Casserole can be assembled and stored in fridge for a day prior to baking. Just wait to add the croutons until just before baking.
- Perfect Roasted Potatoes
When entertaining, you may want to serve roasted potatoes with your main dish. This is, hands down, the best roasted potatoes recipe, perfected by the Brits! Who knew there is a right or wrong way to roast potatoes!
- 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Glazed Ham
This is a simple glazed ham recipe that can be made in the slow cooker. Pair it with this vegetable dish for effortless entertaining. Your guests will never know how easy it was!
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy
If you are serving this dish with turkey, you may want to get a jump start and make your gravy ahead as well. The gravy process typically happens in the last half hour, and can be stressful. This one is delicious!