Vegetable Tempura - The Way to Trick Kids Eat Vegetables
Staying healthy will enjoy proper development of brain, physical features and other motors for kids. In order to get the proper nutrition that kids needed, they should eat fruits and vegetables. But how?
It's every parent's dream of seeing their kids munching radish, or enjoying carrots. And, they are doing it like junk foods.
Why Kids Hate Vegetables?
80% of kids hate vegetable, but, I can say that the statistics is quite low. You are one heck of a lucky parent when you have a kid that wanted to chew on vegetables.
Kids hate vegetables due to their taste buds. Kids, has more than 300% more taste buds than adults. Therefor, they can taste bitterness stronger than adults do. Since they are infants, they are used to the sweetness of milk and kept on looking for that taste.
Media is another factor, Justin Bieber is an endorser of a burger company, instead of a cabbage. Kobe Bryant is the image model of a soft drinks instead of broccoli. Fast Food chains spend billions of dollars advertising to retain product quality, while farmers are quite struggling...
The Vegetable Tempura
Instead of spoiling the meal by bargaining and forcing them to eat vegetables, why not trick them. Let them eat vegetables without them knowing by creating a dish that will hit the bitterness and will replace it with crunchiness as if they are eating chips.
Vegetable Tempura is one of this dish. This is composed of radish, carrots, bell pepper, green chilies, water spinach leaves and many more.
Please Rate My Recipe:)
- 1 pack chicken breading, (Recommended - Crispy Fry)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 whole Carrots, peeled and chopped using the peeler)
- 1 whole Radish, peeled and chopped
- 2 Bell Peppers, Seeds removed and chopped
- 2 Green Chilies, Seed removed, wash the inside and chopped
- 1 bundle Water Spinach, Separate the leaves
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Pepper
- 5 spoon Water
- Cooking Oil
Nutritious Dumplings Recipe
- Cook your own Siomai
Siomai or dumplings can be also a very healthy dish. This can also be a trick for the kids as they will not know that you add some vegetables like carrots, turnip, potato and many more.
- Make a batter first, combine 5 spoon water to 2 spoon flour and powdered pepper.
- Combine the batter to the vegetables and make sure that all are covered.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken breading and remaining flour. (Flour Mixture).
- Use a basin with cover. Spread some flour mixture to the empty basin.
- Spread all the vegetables.
- Cover the vegetables with the remaining flour mixture. Cover the basin and shake like crazy.
- Put the basin with vegetable into freezer. A cold breading will react to the hot oil and will result into crispier dish.
- Separate the vegetables as some are intact with each other.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with mayonnaise or ketchup and enjoy.