Vegetarian Butternut Squash Side-Dish
There are a lot of great things about being vegetarian, but dinners with your carnivorous family can sometimes be a little difficult. Make this dinner a great one with this delicious Brown Sugar Pecan Butternut Squash recipe that's sure to please everyone.
- 1 whole butternut squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch to taste nutmeg
- pinch to taste cinnamon
- 1/2 - 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Cut butternut squash into 1 inch cubes and place in a baking dish. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Once the butter is fully melted, pour the mixture over the butternut squash and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped pecans on top. You can be as generous as you like with the pecans. Bake for another 5-7 minutes until pecans are toasted.
Quick, Easy and Flexible
The best part of this recipe is that you can tweak the measurements to suit your taste. If you prefer a sweeter squash, add another 1/4 cup or so of brown sugar. For a juicier squash, add a little more butter.