Vegetarian Kale and Faux Fake Meat Free Sausage Easy Vegetarian Recipe
Kale is Great for Your Health - Fake Sausage Has Lots of Protein!
Kale Recipe ! As a vegetarian who always feels busy and can't afford to go out to eat tooo often, I am always looking for nutritious, protein-rich vegetarian recipes that don't take too long to prepare but still taste excellent. This easy vegetarian recipe really fits my requirements perfectly- I adapted it from more traditional meat and Kale recipes that abound. Enjoy and please share feedback and suggestions!
Time: About 30 Minutes (or less) from start to finish!
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 package half-inch or so sliced Vegetarian Italian Sausage, such as by Tofurky or by Yves (under products Brats)
1/2 lb kale, tough stems and center ribs discarded and leaves and finely chopped
1 lb shell pasta
2 cups Vegetarian Vegetable Broth or No-Chicken Broth
1 oz finely grated Pecorino Romano (1/2 cup) plus additional for serving
4 cloves minced garlic
1. Start a pot of boiling water for the pasta
2. While you are waiting for the water to boil, heat up the vegetable broth in a seperate sauce pan under medium-high heat setting
3. While you are waiting for everything to heat up, rinse and dry Kale and begin to chop it
4. Once pasta water is boiling add water and cook according to package directions
5. Once finished chopping Kale, add it to the broth and let it simmer while pasta cooks.
6. Next slice your package of vegetarian sausage and brown it in a seperate pan in oil for a few minutes. Add your chopped garlic to the sausage to bring out the flavors a bit.
7. Drain the pasta once it is done cooking, and toss it with some butter (you decide how much, but an old Vermonter once said, "Kale Wants Butter" and I take his advice to heart).
8. Once drained and buttered, return the pasta to the pan it was cooking in or some other large bowl, and add in the kale/broth mix, the sausage/garlic, and throw in some pecorino romano or parmesan cheese to taste (maybe it's because I'm a liberal, but I tend to be liberal with the cheese). Toss it all together and serve.
The many Health Benefits of KALE:
- lots of Phytonutrients that Help Prevent Cancer
- Kale Optimizes Your Cells' Detoxification / Cleansing Ability
- Carotenoids that Lower Cataract Risk By Protecting Against UV Risk
- Kale is an excellent source of Vitamin A
- Promotes Lung Health, especially for smokers
- A Healthy Dose of Vitamin C for Antioxidant Protection and Immune Support
- Protection against Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Antioxidant Protection
- Good Source of Fiber
- Cardiovascular Benefits
- Vitamin E Rich