Vegetarian Meals for 2: Browned Butter Gnocchi with Kale and Pine Nuts #1/30
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Up to 6 servings
- 2 - 16oz. packages Potato Gnocchi
- 4 cups Kale/Spinach/Swiss Chard, Coursely Chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved or finely grated
Browned Butter Gnocchi with Kale and Pine Nuts
- Begin by heating water in a large stock pot. There should be enough to cover the gnocchi with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi to boiling water. Make sure the gnocchi are not stuck together. Boil for 5-8 minutes, or until gnocchi float to the surface of the water.
- In a large skillet, add butter, oil, and chopped kale (or substitute for swiss chard or spinach). Cook on low-medium heat until kale wilts and butter browns. 3-5 minutes.
- Drain gnocchi from the boiling water and add to the large pan with the kale, butter, and oil.
- Sprinkle in fresh ground black pepper, toasted pine nuts, and salt to taste.
- Divide into 2 or more servings, this recipe should yield leftovers. Sprinkle shaved/finely grated cheese over the gnocchi and serve hot with additional olive oil to drizzle.
- (Optional): Substitute potato gnocchi for sweet potato gnocchi for a more savory meal.
Vegetarian Meals for 2: Additional Recipes
Doesn't this sound delicious?