Vegetarian Meals for 2: Butternut-Kale Lasagna #2/30
Prep time: 45 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
Yields: Up to 4 servings
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 cups Kale (substitute Spinach or Swiss Chard), chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 3/4 cups Milk, (whole milk will create a richer dish)
- 1 ounce each Gruyere and Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese,, Grated
- 1-2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package No-Boil lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine 1/4 cup water with cubed squash in a microwave safe dish. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes or until the squash is soft enough to smash with a fork. Drain liquid.
- Combine the cooked squash, kale, and ricotta in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan on MEDIUM heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for roughly 2 minutes, until the garlic begins to brown at the edges. Remove from heat.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup of milk in a bowl until smooth, add to the saucepan with the garlic and oil. Bring to a boil while adding the remaining milk. Stir frequently.
- After boiling for 1 minute, remove from heat and add Gruyere and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheeses, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- In a non-stick ceramic baking dish (or line a dish with foil), layer the milk mixture, noodles, and squash mixture until everything is in the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, sprinkle with additional cheese and chopped pecans. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Sauce should be bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
30 Vegetarian Meals for 2
How delicious does this sound?