- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Vegetarian Recipe - Vegetarian Chili With Rice
This recipe is simple to make and can be made with commonly found ingredients. This recipe was originally made with spanish rice, because its a spanish recipe. You do not have to use spanish rice if you do not want to white rice will do. This recipe is low fat and has absolutely no cholesterol, so it's great for your health and great for your soul as well! It has a short cooking time and if you make enough of it you can store it for later consumption! If you do not have these exact type of beans either you can replace them with another kind. Down in the ingredient section below I will list all of the types of beans that are traditionally used in this recipe.
Delicious red kidney beans, and great northern beans topped off with a healthy serving of spanish rice. Works great for lunch, dinner, or if you have to have a meal to go! Has absolutely no cholesterol.
- 1 15 and a half ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can great northern beans, drained
- 1 14 and a half ounce can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan combine kidney beans, great northern beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, green pepper, onion, chili powder, sugar, basil, garlic, and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top each serving of chili with 1/2 cup hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
316 calories, 15 g protein, 67 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 881 mg sodium, 939 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!