Vegetarian Three Bean Salad Recipe
I was craving for a bean salad and I came across this healthy version that was really simple to make and yet very tasty. This makes a great potluck dish or a healthier lunch alternative. You can prepare this salad in advance and deep freeze them in the serving sizes.
- Finely dice up the red onion and celery. Mince up the garlic. Drain and wash the beans.
- Combine all the beans, onion and celery in a big bowl and stir.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano in a bowl and whisk them together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour vinaigrette into the large bowl containing the bean mixture and stir through. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Let the salad sit for at least an hour before serving. (This is to let the salad marinate and absorb all the wonderful flavors)
- 1 can Kidney Beans, Drained & washed
- 1 can Chick Peas, Drained & washed
- 1 can Cannellini Beans, Drained & washed
- 2 sticks Celery, diced
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red-wine/white-wine/balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 47 g||16%|
|Protein 16 g||32%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This 3-bean salad is packed with nutrients and protein. Easy to make, looks very pretty with all the colors and a great dish to make for a potluck party. Hope you've enjoyed this simple vegetarian recipe, till the next one!
- 1-Ingredient Banana Ice cream
1-ingredient healthy homemade banana icecream. Check out this hub for a guilt-free, healthy and delicious indulgence.
- 5-Ingredient Simple Swiss Roll Cake Recipe
5-Ingredient simple swiss roll (roulade) recipe. Takes only around 30 minutes to make, excluding cooling time.
- 3-Ingredients Pineapple Sorbet
Check out this article for a very simple 3-ingredient pineapple sorbet recipe. Easy to make and tastes absolutely delightful!