Vegetarian Veggie Soup with Organic Produce
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
Ready in: 1 hour 5 min
Yields: Serves 10 regular sized bowls--great for leftovers
- 5 cups Gluten Free Full Circle Organic Vegetable Broth
- 7 medium-sized Cal-Organic Farms Organic Carrots
- 6 small stalks Sonora Sun Organic Celery Hearts
- 1-2 hand-fulls Pero Family Farms Organic Snipped Green Beans
- 1 15 oz can Full Circle Organic Tomato Sauce
- 5 small Red skinned potatoes, (let me know if you find a good brand of organic potatoes, so far, no such luck at my local grocers)
- 2 large Garlic Cloves, (organic if you can find it)
- 2 small, yellow Onions, (organic if you can find it)
- You will put the garlic, onions, and celery on the same plate. Peel and Chop 2 cloves garlic, 2 onions, and rinse and chop 6 small stalks celery.
- Peel and coin 7 medium carrots. Set aside on separate plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and celery to heated oil. Stir well. Cook until caramelized.
- Once garlic, onion, and celery is caramelized, add 1 can tomato sauce and 5 cups vegetable broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While this is simmering, rinse and halve 2 hand-fulls of green beans. Peel, rinse, and cube 4 medium sized potatoes. (I used red skins, but you can use whatever kind you like.)
- Add green beans and potatoes to simmering broth, stir well, lid, and simmer for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.