- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Vegetable Main & Side Dish Recipes
Veggie Baked Pasta
This pasta is absolutely to die for. I made it last night for my family. I came up with it to actually try to save some of the meat in my freezer which in turn saves money.
~ Ingredients ~
- 1 Box of your favorite brand of garden pasta ( I use store brand because usually its the cheapest )
- 1 Jar of Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 Can of Evaporated Milk
- 2 Zucchini Sliced
- 4-5 Carrots peeled and sliced
- Bag of frozen broccoli thawed
- Shredded Mozzarella
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a saute pan, saute the fresh zucchini and fresh carrots in butter until soft. Add thawed broccoli to give it the same flavor of the other veggies. Boil garden pasta according to package directions. In a sauce pan add jar of Alfredo and jar of spaghetti sauce and mix together until a light pinkish color. Put drained pasta back into pot it was boiling in, add veggies and sauce and mix until covered. Add the whole can of evaporated milk and stir until mixture is completely coated. Put mixture into large glass dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the top. Bake in oven until cheese is golden brown on top and the sides are bubbling.
I hope everybody enjoys this delicious, healthy dinner. I like to make a nice side salad and some garlic bread to go with it and have fun with it! Mix it up, change the veggies or use different sauces and cheeses.