- Food and Cooking
Mighty Mushroom Lasagna For The Busy Cook
serve with a delicious salad
- Easy Arugula Salad - All Recipes
This salad is shaken, not tossed. All the ingredients - arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and an oil and vinegar dressing - are combined in a plastic bowl with a lid and given a few shakes. Topped with avocado slices, it is very pr
What, no tomato sauce?
Quick and easy, this recipe uses ready-cooked lasagna, canned soup, and pre-shredded cheese For the extremely time-impaired meal-maker, you can even buy the mushrooms pre-sliced, as well as the garlic pre-chopped in a little jar.
2 T olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic (1 tsp from the little jar)
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 c heavy cream
1 box ready-cooked pasta sheets (like Barilla oven-ready lasagne)
2 lbs shredded cheese blend (like Kraft Italian or Pizza blend)
1) Brown beef and pork in skillet with olive oil and garlic on medium heat,
season with salt and pepper and drain the fat
2) Add soup, cream, and fresh mushrooms to meat mixture, stir well and cook over low heat,
just until mushrooms softened.
3) Butter large casserole dish, cover bottom with one layer of pasta
4) Spoon 1/3 of the meat mixture over pasta
5) Repeat layers, ending with meat mixture
6) Top with cheese and cover with foil
7) Bake in pre-heated 350 F (180 C) oven for 30 minutes, remove foil and return to oven for additional 5 minutes.
Experiment with changing the meats, soup, and cheeses for a whole different dish!
more comfort food hubs
- Macaroni and Cheese - A Guilty Pleasure
Yes, it's bad for you. That's why it tastes so good. A real crowd-pleaser, everyone will want the recipe. If you are worried about the fat and calories, remember: It's supposed to be a side dish. ...
- Chili for Everyone
The secret ingredient..... coffee! I've been making this simple chili for years. It's one that everybody likes. It's popular with kids, because it's not too spicy, and adults can add hot sauce or other...
- The Best Breakfast Casserole Ever
Basic Recipe...... Change it up to suit your personality Best Breakfast Casserole Ever Ingredients1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns8 ounces cooked, diced ham2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of...