How to Make Easy and Spicy Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken (Ga Xao Xa Ot)
I love cooking with exotic spices from the East. Spices and herbs add more interesting fragrance and flavor to many kinds of dishes. I think a dish without spices is kind of boring and bland. Personally I am really fond of lemongrass, an important ingredient to Southeast Asian cuisine. I use it often in curry and soup, and also sometimes in stir-fry dishes such as Ga Xao Xa Ot ( Vietnamese chicken stir-fry dish with lemongrass and hot chili).
Vietnamese lemongrass chicken is the best way to enjoy true Asian cuisine. It's easy and quick to fix - perfect for people who love home cooked meals, but lack of time. The cooking steps and ingredients are pretty simple and clear. Lemongrass is pretty easy to find. Your local grocery or Asian specialty store will usually carry it.
Tender, juicy chicken morsels coated with sweet honey, chili pepper and scented with lemongrass is heaven. What are you waiting for ? Spice your day up with Ga Xao Xa Ot.
What You Need
1 lbs boneless chicken breasts (diced, 1-inch pieces)
1/3 cup chicken stock
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 stalk lemongrass, white part only , chopped
2-3 Thai chili pepper, chopped
2-3 spring onions, chopped
How To Fix
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, cornstarch and honey. Stir to mix and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- In a wok, heat the oil until hot. Add garlic and onion. Stir-fry until onion mixture is soft and fragrant. Then add chili pepper and lemongrass. Stir-fry for about one minute. Stir in marinated chicken and continue to cook until chicken pieces are lightly brown.
- Pour in fish sauce and water. Lower the heat to simmer and continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce is thicken. Sprinkle on spring onions and stir to mix. Remove from the heat. Transfer to serving dish.
How to Prepare Lemongrass
Need More Vietnamese Recipes ?
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe (Goi Ga)
- Easy and Quick Vietnamese Fish Sour Soup Recipe (Canh Chua Ca)
- Vietnamese Mung Bean Sticky Rice (Xoi Vo) Recipe
- Vietnamese Asparagus Crab Soup Recipe (Sup Mang Tay Cua). How to Make Asian Asparagus Crab Soup !
- Vietnamese Baked Hoisin Glazed Chicken Wing Recipe (Canh Ga Nuong Tuong)
- Vietnamese Meatballs (Xiu Mai) Recipe
- Quick and Easy Vietnamese Carrot and Daikon Pickle Recipe (Do Chua)
- Vietnamese Grilled Lime Chicken (Ga Nuong Chanh) Recipe. How To Make Grilled Chicken On Skewers!
- Vietnamese Cashew Chicken (Ga Xao Hot Dieu) Recipe