It Rises like a Volcano while in the Oven
Start your Day with a Kid Friendly Breakfast
I stumbled upon this recipe about a year ago. It is so much fun to make. The ingredients are super simple and I bet you have them in your pantry right now. Your kids will sit in front of the oven in aww of how it bubbles and rises in the pan.
After your Volcano Pancake comes out of the oven, it does sink back down, much like a souffle. It tastes very similar to french toast. Drizzle a bit of syrup over the top your pancake will dissappear just as quickly as it sank, giggle.
This recipe can easily be halved and baked in an 8x8 inch square pan.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- powdered sugar for dusting
- your families favorite pancake topping, syrup or whatever
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put 9x13 inch pan in oven with butter so it will melt while the oven is warming up.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, flour and salt; stir until smooth. Take baking pan out of oven and gently move butter around to coat pan. Add batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.