- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
As an Asian-American Family, my family prefer to eat asian or asian inspired cuisine. My two children would much rather have a bowl of rice than a bowl of mash potatoes. I have found that many of my own friends and family would love to create an asian inspired dish but are deterred by fear of the dish being complicated and difficult to reproduce. My wafu pork chops are a great starter dish. This is a supper easy dish that is low cost and does not require many ingredients.
Which type type of meat would you use
- 4 Pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch cut
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce, regular or low sodium
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Shochu
- 1 teaspoon Sugar, I often use a light brown sugar
- 1 half Onion, Grated
- 2 cloves Garlic, Thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Choose your marinating container. A large ziploc bag or a large shallow bowl will do.
- Place pork chops in container. Ensure that the meat is completely covered.
- Place container in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Or place container in freezer for future meals. **Can marinate longer for better flavor penetration.**
- Remove meat from marinade. Reserve marinade. Cook thoroughly in a non-stick pan.
- Add marinade to pan before removing chops. Remove from heat once garlic is tender and sauce is hot. **soy sauce can burn easily keep a watchful eye on pan**
- Serve with rice and enjoy