Warm Olive Italian Bruschetta
One of the things that you will fall in love with is, all the tasty ingredients that can be found here. This recipe is a very easy appetizer that you can make in about twenty-thirty minutes. You can save a lot of time by using bread that is already been baked. The mix will last for a long time.
If you really enjoy cooking, and you want to make the bread in your own bread maker, you can certainly do that as well. My personal preference of bread is the real thick, crusty French bread. At certain times, at the local super market, the store will put this bread on clearance for a quick sale. Guests, friends and family will appreciate that it is bite sized so, it is easy to eat if you are just mingling at a party. These are great little appetizer, with very bright colors.
It is actually a very simple and easy recipe and anyone can do it. It is well worth for the reward the wait anyway since this is such a delicious treat to eat.
To cut the bread, cut the bread at an angle, about 1/4"-1/2" in thickness. You can wait and just cook the bread once you mix up the Warm Olive Bruschetta or you can toast it ahead of time and then just heat up the Warm Olive Bruschetta. I personally like it better when it is all warmed up together.
The All Important Olive Oil
Have You Ever Tried It?
Have you ever had Olive Bruschetta before?
The Heart of the Recipe
This appetizer or starter recipe is so easy and only takes minutes to prepare and minutes to cook and then, voila!, it is ready to serve. If you are an olive fan, this recipe will not disappoint. With both black and green olives and their two distinctly different flavors, this recipe is hard to beat. The chive and onion cream cheese is a very sharp unique flavor that makes a world of difference. I am sure that family and friends alike will really talk about this recipe, when making the spread for this bread. You can find this cream cheese spread at your local grocery store in the refrigerator section.
You combine that with the bursting flavor of garlic and the tangy flavor of the Italian dressing and you have an appetizer that you will be very impressed with and your guests will really enjoy. This is one of those recipes that women will ask you for after they eat it no matter what the occasion that you make this flavorful appetizer. I can almost guarantee that you will never have any of this appetizer to bring back home. One suggestion that I could make is that, you could really make transporting this recipe to it's desired location is to use a disposable container. If you used a disposable container and do have some of this appetizer left, you might decide to just send it home with someone from the party.
This will be an appetizer that you will reach for time and time again, I can guarantee it..
You can make this spread the day before and keep it in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend.
A recipe has to have the following four criteria when I try a recipe:
1. The recipe must be something that I am going to like. Of course, if the recipe has a bunch of ingredients that you do not like, I would not advise making it.
2. It must look worth trying. I usually look to see if I have most of the ingredients at the house already, if I do, then I tend to make those recipes. If I have to purchase most of the things to make the dish then, I usually just do not go to the trouble of making it.
3. The recipe must have lots of flavor. See # 4.
4. Then the recipe has to pass the family test to be a "keeper". If a test recipe passes the "test" and everyone in the family likes it. It becomes what we call a keeper recipe which means I will fix it again.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe and I look forward to your comments! Also, feel free to share any recipe ideas about bruschetta's that you may have I would be thrilled to read them.
Please feel free to leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments box located at the bottom of the page.
Sweet Buttery French Bread
Recipe Cook Book
How to make the Bruschetta
- 20-30 slices french bread, cut 1/4" thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- a pinch celery salt
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, optional
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup chive and onion cream cheese spread
- a few cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters, if desired
|Serving size: 2 tablespoons|
|Calories from Fat||360|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 40 g||62%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 2 g||1%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 300 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the cut bread slices on a large round baking stone. Lightly brush the tops of the bread slices with olive oil. Bake the bread for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Then, remove the bread from the oven and set aside. Add the celery salt and chopped olives. Place this mixture in a small mixing bowl. Then you add the garlic and italian dressing and mix well. Spread the cream cheese evenly over the toasted slices of bread. Top with the olive mixture using a small spoon. Return the bruschetta to the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until warm. You may garnish this dish with cherry tomatoes, if desired.
Tomato and Olive Bruschetta Recipe
Is it ready yet?
Black and Green Olives
Great Tasting Recipe's
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas by lesliebyars
This chicken cheesy goodness bakes in the oven for only a little over 1/2 hour. I like recipes that are easy to prepare and will feed more than two people. I also have a couple of ideas to spice it up.
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole Recipe
I hate to repeat myself but, this quick and easy to make chicken casserole can be mixed up rather quickly and then the key is to let the casserole flavors blend.
- Easy Feta Chicken Bake
This Feta Chicken is really a light meal that you could serve to your girlfriends in the summertime. This chicken will be so tender, you can cut it with a fork. The feta cheese adds a nice sharpness to the chicken.
- Easy Tortellini Soup Recipe
This recipe hub is about making Tortellini Soup with ease. It has a ratings capsule, ingredients capsule as well as pictures, videos and commentary. Some of the ingredients are dried basil, minced garlic, onions, fresh mushrooms and parmesan cheese.
- Potato Corn Chowder Recipe
This soup is a hardy soup. With it's big chunks of potatoes and bits of corn, this is a very easy soup to make and it also freezes well. this hub has videos, pictures and commentary.
- Biscuit and Chocolate Gravy Recipe
This is truly a "southern dish" and all I can think about when I hear the word chocolate gravy is yummy!! Pictures, commentary and videos are featured in this hub.
© 2013 Buster Johnson