- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Weekend Menu: Chicken with Green Pepper (Capsicum) -- A Recipe
It is time to dig into another simple yet fulfilling chicken dish. This time it is a win-win situation for chicken lovers. This recipe is quick, healthy, and of course savory. So let's begin!
What you will need
For the marinade:
For the sauce:
Get, set, cook
- Mix the chicken breasts with the marinade ingredients, and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients thoroughly.
- Once the chicken is marinaded, heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pan, and place the chicken breasts in it.
- Let the chicken cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, turning once every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan (leave the drippings in the pan), and lay it over paper towels in order to get rid of the excess oil. Let it cool down a bit.
- Meanwhile, add another tbsp of oil to the same pan, and fry the onions and green pepper over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Check to see if the chicken is cool enough for you to touch, and then chop the fried breasts into 1 inch pieces, while the onions and the green pepper get fried.
- Add the sauce to the pan, and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped fried chicken, salt, and about a cup of water to the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer it until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Please ensure you check periodically as the chicken would already have been 75% cooked from being fried before.
- Serve and relish!