- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
What Should I Cook?
What To Cook
I love cooking... But there are times when I just want to put my feet up and order a take away. When you have a family to feed, cooking can become a habit, and that is why it is important to learn the art of cooking to add fun and excitement to the table.
Before my fingers do too much of the crackling on my poor keyboard, I want to ask this... are there some of you who find it hard to decide what to cook when faced with the routine? Don`t get me wrong, there are those moments when I want to spend a little longer in my kitchen cooking this or preparing that.. and those moments often come after a period of rebellious quick fixes that leave me craving for a proper meal.
I may decide to cook rice with some lovely recipes, let me speculate what most of you accompany rice with... some beef, vegetables one day, next day, you decide voila, I had broccoli with my rice yesterday and so I will substitute with spinach and chicken today. The following day, my rice will go with let`s say fish, broccoli, and did I just mention rice and rice all over again? What about broccoli?
That`s when cooking becomes a boring game and you begin to get into habits of take away and other fast fixes which can be unhealthy most times. I decided to come in and fill the gaps for those of you who are faced with such dilemmas. Those of you who always wonder what to put on the stove every time you enter your kitchens. But before I ask and share all this with you, I might as a question, could it be financial problems that limits us from affording a variety of supplies?
I come from work and do the tit bits before I start gaping and pacing up and down, scratching my head and going through what I cooked the previous three or four days.. searching my fridge for what to cook. That is when it all dawns on me that I have come short of other alternatives in my kitchen and I can`t seem to know what to cook.
There are ways you can adapt to alternate these barricades in your kitchen to deliver sumptuous meals to your table more often.
Lets begin by seeing some ideas that will help us not to get stranded when it comes to the decision of what to cook next.
- First, I would suggest buying books. Cookery books are an essential. I have bought quiet a few of them from bargain shops and online. Amazon, ebay and other verified online stores are a great place to search from.
- Second, when you have gone through your books and are sure what you would like to cook each day of the week, make sure all your ingredients and supplies are available. you don`t want to come to the third day and you want to prepare something you read and had in mind only to find the ingredients and supplies are missing.
- Third, These books have different kinds of recipes that add to your taste buds and make it exciting to cook. This is because you will be looking forward to tasting what you have learnt and also excited with the fact that you are learning to cook.
- Fourth, Keep to a minimum of what you will cook each time so that you don`t get bored.. for example, go for quick but healthy and tasty meal during the week and prepare something large and massive over the weekends. This could be appropriate because you might be having your friends or family coming over for a meal.
Another great way of organizing meals for the week is to make a meals calender. That is good for those who keep to the discipline of following up lists of what to do. This will not only ease you from the lack of indecision when it comes to cooking but will also save you time and money.
Organizing what to cook in due time also helps you enjoy a variety of thoroughly thought for recipes, tailored for your family and guests needs.
I hope this information benefits somebody and helps you make the right choices when you are faced with kitchen barricades in deciding what to cook next.
Other Cooking Guidelines
There are several books illustrating what to cook and some can even guide you further on how to start a business cooking. I believe some passions are developed, while others are inherited. I sincerely hope this is going to help you find the right resources as you plan your meals.